I might be weird, but meal planning is actually fun for me. I don't even know how people go about cooking when you don't meal plan. It takes away from the "what are we doing for dinner" talk that goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, sometimes we don't do what is planned for that night, but even having a quick list of options ready helps a lot. What you see above is just dinners and handsome will take leftovers the next day to work.
I try to have two meatless meals a week just to have variation and to save a bit on our grocery bill. Chicken seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and sliced sweet potatoes (like chips) with coconut oil with some type of veggie is our go to meal. The girls will eat every bit and its clean. Everything written in purple is just random food I've found on Pinterst or repeats of our favs.
The recipes below always make it to each monthly meal plans and they are all pretty healthy. Well, the chicken sloppy joes are somewhat not... but delicious. SO delicious.
1. Southwestern Spaghetti Squash (I'll grab a really large squash and pull some squash out for the girls and add in some actual spaghetti sauce)
2. Quinoa enchilada casserole (Love this one because you dump everything in a 9 x 13, toss on some cheese and bake!)
3. Blackbean burgers (Another kid fav. which is always a win.)
4. Blackbean enchilada's (I've done this recipe several different ways. Sometimes no spinach, sometimes I'll add in celery, sometimes refried beans... kinda whatever we have layin' around.)
5. Buffalo chicken sloppy joes ( We're big buffalo sauce lovers over here...)
What are some of your go to meals? I'd love to add something new to our rotation!